The Six Nations has returned for 2019, promising huge clashes between Europe’s Rugby Union heavyweights. With an opening game pitting 2010 Champions France against 2013’s Grand Slam winners in Wales, we’re getting unreasonably excited about the prospect of two months of mouth-watering rugby action.
To celebrate, we’ve rolled out the red carpet with the return of an all-time classic from our vault of limited-edition ales – Haka. Yep, that’s right, our legendary rugby-inspired pale ale has returned by popular demand for the Six Nations period only.
Packed full of sumptuously fruity New Zealand hops including Nelson Sauvin, this 4.5% ABV pale ale slots home every single time. Expect aromas of tropical fruits that give way to a unique grapefruit sharpness for a malty, smooth, full-flavoured and well-balanced Bitter.
In addition, we’ve got an exciting partnership to announce that could end up in the holiday experience of a lifetime.
Simply purchase a pint of Guinness from one of our pubs (list below) during any of the Six Nations games, pick up your scratch card from the bar and you could be in with a chance of winning an incredible trip to Dublin, including a VIP Guinness brewery tour! Second prize is a £20 Butcombe/Inndulgence gift voucher – more than enough to keep you and your pals’ thirsts quenched during nail-biting Six Nations clashes. Terms and conditions apply*, of course.
But when are these huge games? Here’s the full schedule:
- Fri 01 Feb, 20:00 GMT – France vs. Wales
- Sat 02 Feb, 14:15 GMT – Scotland vs. Italy
- Sat 02 Feb, 16:45 GMT – Ireland vs. England
- Sat 09 Feb, 14:15 GMT – Scotland vs. Ireland
- Sat 09 Feb, 16:45 GMT – Italy vs. Wales
- Sun 10 Feb, 15:00 GMT – England vs. France
- Sat 23 Feb, 14:15 GMT – France vs. Scotland
- Sat 23 Feb, 16:45 GMT – Wales vs. England
- Sun 24 Feb, 15:00 GMT – Italy vs. Ireland
- Sat 09 Mar, 14:15 GMT – Scotland vs. Wales
- Sat 09 Mar, 16:45 GMT – England vs. Italy
- Sun 10 Mar, 15:00 GMT – Ireland vs. France
- Sat 16 Mar, 12:30 GMT – Italy vs. France
- Sat 16 Mar, 14:45 GMT – Wales vs. Ireland
- Sat 16 Mar, 17:00 GMT – England vs. Scotland
Can England regain their status as Champions? Are we on for another Grand Slam winner? Who will take the Calcutta Cup? Can Ireland hold the Centenary Quaich and will the Wooden Spoon once again be wielded by Italy?
We can’t wait to find out and so we’re inviting you to join us at one of the following Butcombe managed pubs to catch every second of the action:
- The Bear
- The Bowl
- The Castle Inn
- The Cottage
- Frog and Fiddle
- The Hatchet
- The Lamb (Not partaking in Guinness scratch card competition)
- Lime Kiln
- The Ostrich
- The Pelican Inn
- Pig and Fiddle
- Quarryman’s Arms
- Royal Oak
- The Smoking Dog
- Swan Inn (Not partaking in Guinness scratch card competition)
*Scratch cards available when purchasing a pint of Guinness during a Six Nations game, maximum 4 per customer, per week, subject to availability. Simply scratch off the panel and see if you’re a winner. Prizes available: 1 x trip to Dublin for 2 people including flights and overnight stay, as well as, 10 x £20 gift vouchers to give away.