Ah Pancake Day, a holiday that’s up there with the greats of Christmas and Halloween, why? Because it’s centred around food of course! We’ve come up with a pancake recipe that will use all those last bits and pieces up from your kitchen (assuming you have any of last night’s beer left over…) to create a sumptuous pancake meal complete with syrup that’s truly drool-worthy… (and utterly Insta-worthy!)
For The Pancakes
- 270g Self raising flour
- 10g Baking powder
- A pinch of Table salt
- 50g Caster sugar
- 160ml Buttermilk
- 280ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 80g Butter, melted and hot
For The Goram Syrup
- 100g Golden syrup
- 200g Honey
- 50ml Butcombe Goram
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the buttermilk, milk, eggs and butter together.
- Now add the buttermilk mix to the flour mix, stir until fully combined.
- Add both the golden syrup and honey to a pan and slowly bring to the boil.
- When hot but not boiling remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the Goram. When mixed, leave to cool.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan and pour in the pancake batter, a ladle at a time, making sure they are of the right thickness to make them fluffy. Leave them to brown on both sides.
- While the pancakes are hot, stack them up (as high as you want, we won’t judge!) in the centre of the plate and serve the warm Goram syrup on the side.
So there you have it, breakfast lunch and dinner sorted! Why not serve up with some crispy bacon to perfect that sweet/salty combination? Or freshen it up with blueberries and banana? However you top yours we hope you truly enjoy them and savour every mouthful!
If the thought of dusting that frying pan off is leaving you less than enthused, pop on down to you local Butcombe pub where we’ll be serving you up these beauties alongside Butcombe Original pancakes with braised beef cheek and celeriac remoulade for those who are down for adventuring into the world of savoury pancakes.