To celebrate Burns Night this year, Laphroaig have teamed up with Butcombe Brewery to offer Bristol Post readers a free dram of Laphroaig 10 Year Old Whisky at Butcombe Pubs and Inns. Simply take this voucher to any participating Butcombe pub on or before 28th January to redeem your free 25ml measure of Laphroaig and raise a toast to Robert Burns.
The 10 Year Old is the original Laphroaig, distilled the same way today as when Ian Hunter invented it more than 75 years ago. It is the foundation of all other Laphroaig expressions.
In making Laphroaig, malted barley is dried over a peat fire. The smoke from this peat, found only on Islay, gives Laphroaig its particularly rich flavour.
Those enjoying the 10 Year Old will first notice the bold, smoky taste, followed by a hint of seaweed and a surprising sweetness. This full-bodied variant is the foundation of all Laphroaig expressions and comes with a long finish.
This whisky was also named 2019 Best Single Malt Scotch 10 Years & Under by Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible.
Participating Butcombe Pubs:
18 Hillgrove Street, Bristol, BS2 8JT
Dyer Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 2PF
THE BOWER INN
Bower Lane, East Bower, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 4TY
16 Church Road, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4DT
THE CASTLE INN
8 Main Road, West Lulworth, Wareham BH20 5RN
Baltic Wharf, Cumberland Road, Bristol BS1 6XG
FROG AND FIDDLE
313-315 High Street, Cheltenham GL50 3HW
27 Frogmore Street, Bristol BS1 5NA
Lamb Hotel, The Square, Axbridge, BS26 2AP
THE LIME KILN
Knole, Langport TA10 9JH
THE METHUEN ARMS
2 High St, Corsham SN13 0HB
Lower Guinea Street, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6TJ
THE PELICAN INN
10 South Parade, Chew Magna, Bristol. BS40 8SL
THE PIG AND FIDDLE
2 Saracen Street, Bath, BA1 5BR
Box Hill, Corsham SN13 8HN
THE ROYAL OAK
43 The Burbage, Prestbury, Cheltenham GL52 3DL
THE SMOKING DOG
62 High Street, Malmesbury, Wiltshire SN16 9AT
THE SWAN INN
Rowberrow, Winscombe, BS25 1QL
Shepherds Way, St Georges, Weston – Super – Mare, BS22 7XE
Sampford Arundel, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 0HB
Vagg Lane, Chilthorne Domer, Somerset. BA21 3PX
THE CHARLTON INN
Charlton Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset. BA4 5PH
THE COACH HOUSE
Manor Gardens, Locking, W-S-M, BS24 8DG
20 High Street, Rode, Nr Frome, BA11 6NZ
FOX & HOUNDS
Broadway Road, Charlton Adam, Somerset, TA11 7AU
HORSE & GROOM
The Street, Charlton, Malmesbury SN16 9DL
Lower Langford, Bristol BS40 5BL
Bradley Green, Cannington, Bridgwater, TA5 2NE
Rode, Frome, BA11 6AG
Kelston, Bath, BA1 9AQ
55-57 High Street, Cheltenham, Glos, GL50 1DX
Wells Road, Hallatrow BS39 6EN
Podimore,Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8JF
PRINCE OF WALES
Stoke Lane, Westbury-on-Tryn, Bristol, BS9 3SP
Celtic Way, Bleadon, W-S-M, BS24 ONF
Pelting Drove, Priddy, Wells, BA5 3BA
RING O BELLS
Hinton Blewitt, Temple Cloud, Bristol, BS39 5AN
RING O BELLS
Compton Martin, Bristol BS40 6JE
RODNEY STOKE INN
Wells Rd, Somerset BS27 3XB
ROSE AND CROWN
High Street. Hinton Charterhouse, Bath, BA2 7SN
Chilmark Rd, Trowbridge BA14 9DD
A38, Thornbury, Wotton-under-Edge GL12 8DX
Terms & Conditions
- Open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) IOM and CI residents aged 18 years and over excluding employees, their families, relations and suppliers of the promoter, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- Consumers can exchange one voucher for one 25ml measure of Laphroaig 10 Years Old
- Promotional period runs from 18/01/2019 until 28/01/2019 whilst stocks last
- Participants must be aged 18 years and over.
- The free drink must be claimed at a participating Butcombe Brewery outlet.
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any loss incurred (including without limitation economic loss) or injury sustained as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission of the Promoter or any of its employees or agents in connection with this promotion.
- A maximum of one drink per consumer can be received.
- No responsibility will be accepted for delayed, unsuccessful, lost, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries or entries which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- The Promoter’s/licensee’s decision regarding all promotional matters is final.
- There is no cash or other prize alternative available.
- All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the Promotion are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or howsoever in connection with any loss, damage or injury which is suffered as a direct or indirect result of any of the drink and/or the Promotion except that the Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of the Promoter.
- The promoter/licensee reserves the right to request proof of age and identity from a participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion in whole or in part at any time during the promotion period owing to circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable.
- By entering the promotion, the participant will be deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. Instructions relating to this promotion form part of these terms and conditions.
- Promoter: Edrington-Beam Suntory UK Ltd, 191 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 2LD
- This promotion and these rules are governed by the law of England and Wales