Christmas is but a few short days away and all across the country, Butcombe pubs are gearing up to celebrate in style.
We’ve created some stunning Christmas menus, Chrismoose is ready on tap, and our pubs are looking festive with their decorations, but that’s not all we’re doing, because across the Butcombe pub family you’ll find there are dozens of events across the season.
We’ll be sharing a few highlights below, but if your local isn’t mentioned, simply head to their Facebook page to see what the latest is. Let’s get started:
- The Frog & Fiddle – Butcombe’s iconic music venue will be celebrating this Christmas in typically anarchic style with BAAST’s Big Birthday Bash on 21st, and Screaming Dead Xmas Bash on the 22nd.
- The Hatchet Inn – The Hatchet Inn is honouring the season with their Night Before Christmas Special on the 22nd.
- The Pig & Fiddle – Christmas is about getting together and making beautiful things happen, so what finer tribute than The Pig & Fiddle’s The Night of Jam on the 20th, a whole night where local creatives are invited to collaborate. ‘Tis the season, of course.
- The Smoking Dog – The Smoking Dog has gone all out for Christmas with a new range of Christmas drinks, beautiful decorations and more. The highlight of their festive schedule is their Festive Winter Warmer Pub Quiz, which takes place every Tuesday through December.
- The Swan – Carol singers will be getting everyone into the Christmas spirit Thursday 20th and 21st Get your singing voice ready to join in!
- The Lamb – This year’s celebrations at The Lamb include a Silent Disco on 21st December, and fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
- The Queen Victoria – Totally transformed for the Christmas period into a giant Gingerbread complete with a snowman made of wine bottles! – this really has to be seen to be believed! Just don’t forget your camera.
Of course, these are just a small sample of the amazing Christmas events going on across the Butcombe family of pubs. So why not slip on your biggest coat, wake the dog from its slumber, stick on your boots and come join us for what promises to be our biggest Christmas celebrations yet?
We can’t wait to see you, but if we do happen to miss each other, then we’d like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, from everyone at Butcombe.