The New Year is here, and though we think you’re looking better than ever, it’s fair to say there’s just no limit to how much you can polish a diamond.
New Year’s resolutions are a beautiful thing. They’re the changes we want to see in ourselves, and often, they’re just a little effort away from becoming reality.
Maybe you’re keen on losing a few of those pesky pounds, getting back on the running scene or just simply laying off the meat for a period. Whatever your goal, a resolution is the perfect note to start your year on.
Here at Butcombe, we’ve set our sights on helping each and every customer achieve their New Year’s resolutions – within limits, of course, ‘free beer forever’ isn’t something we can’t help with.
So, in this series of blog posts, we’re going to share with you our plans to support four huge New Year’s resolutions campaigns: Dry January; Veganuary; Tryanuary and… Ultra Marathons! This time, it’s Dry January.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: ‘how does a brewery help me with Dry January’? After all, the UK’s one-month booze free challenge doesn’t exactly make exceptions for really, really tasty beer, does it?
The simple answer is that throughout January and beyond, we’ve gone to great efforts to ensure that a huge number of our Butcombe managed pubs are friendly, fun and fantastic places to go – even when you’re avoiding alcohol.
That starts with our ultra-friendly staff, but it doesn’t end there, because we’ve put paid to dreary old glasses of lime & soda with a fresh, innovative and delicious range of non-alcoholic beers and cocktails, including:
- Seedlip Spice & Ginger – Get the night started with this stunning, zesty combination of aromatic and woody non-alcoholic spirit ‘Seedlip Spice 94’, punchy Fever-Tree ginger, complete with fresh lime. It’s a combination that’s certain to spice up any evening.
- Elderflower Garden – Transform your local Butcombe pub into a stunning elderflower garden with our appropriately titled alcohol-free cocktail, the Elderflower Garden. Made with ‘Seedlip Garden 108’, known for its herbal and floral notes, Bottlegreen elderflower sparkling pressé and fresh cucumber, for a light, floral kick.
- Strawberry Lemonade – Our twist on the familiar contains Teisseire strawberry syrup, soda, fresh mint and lime.
- San Miguel 0,0 – Available in a 330ml bottle, San Miguel 0,0 balances notes malty barley with a subtle roasted flavour and supremely balanced bitterness for an alcohol-free lager without compromise.
- Becks Blue – A classic German-style pilsner lager. Golden in colour, light, crisp and refreshing with only 53 calories per bottle – ideal for those of us looking to shed a few pounds in the New Year.
Of course, those are just a small selection of the huge range of delicious, non-alcoholic drinks at Butcombe managed pubs. So, whether you’re still on the mend after New Years Eve or taking part in Dry January, we’ve got the drinks to quench your thirst.
The following restaurants will be offering our non-alcoholic cocktail menu:
- The Bear
- The Bower Inn
- The Bowl
- The Castle Inn
- The Cottage
- The Hatchet
- Lamb Hotel
- Lime Kiln
- The Ostrich
- The Pelican Inn
- Pig and Fiddle
- Quarryman’s Arms
- Royal Oak
- The Smoking Dog
- Swan Inn
- The Methuen Arms