Here at Butcombe, we believe in New Years resolutions. That’s why we’ve set our sights on helping each and every customer achieve their New Year’s resolutions, so in our series of blogs to support four huge New Year’s resolutions campaigns (Dry January; Veganuary; Tryanuary and… Ultra Marathons!) – this time, it’s Veganuary.
At Butcombe, we’ve always striven to make those with specific dietary requirements feel welcome in our managed pubs, and in 2019 we’ll continue to make no exceptions.
Veganuary is a hugely popular annual challenge where animal products, whether meat, milk, eggs, materials or by-products, are shunned in favour of plant-based alternatives. Once considered a niche diet, veganism has exploded in popularity, surging by over 700% in two years, meaning that 7% of the UK population is now vegan.
The reasons behind the veganism explosion include concerns over animal welfare, personal health, global warming and more. It’s a compassionate, thoughtful way to live your life and it could significantly improve your health.
This January, we’re joining in the fun with an incredible all-vegan specials menu which celebrates the very best of allotment-grown produce. The Allotment menu includes:
- Dukkah, Beetroot & Butternut Squash Sausage Roll (ve) – Golden beetroot piccalilli compliments stunning dukkah spiced beetroot and butternut squad, nestled inside a flaky vegan pastry.
- Buffalo Hot Cauliflower Wings (ve, gf) – Indulge in incredible, spicy buffalo wings with a twist – they’re made of cauliflower! You’ll never notice the difference.
- Thai Peanut Salad (ve) – Dig into Tenderstem broccoli, sugar snap peas, radish, baby gem, rainbow carrots, brown rice noodles, coriander, mint, avocado, sesame seeds, peanut, lime & chilli dressing in this delicious peanut salad.
- Allotment Salad (ve, gf) – Roasted winter squash, cauliflower & butter beans, radish, tomatoes, red onion, pomegranate, avocado, Dorset mixed leaves and watercress, blackberry & hawthorn dressing? Sounds good to us!
- Vegan burger (ve) – Discover the ‘Moving Mountains’ burger, a remarkable 100% plant-based patty that mimics the taste and texture of meat exactly. Made with coconut oil, mushroom, beetroot juice, plant proteins, herbs & spices, you’ll be amazed by this 100% vegan, zero cholesterol burger. Mature cheddar vegan cheese, beef tomato, Dijon mustard vegan mayo, Dorset mixed leaf salad and skinny fries with smoked paprika salt top off the dish.
- Ashton Press Cider & Saffron Poached Pear (ve, gf) – No vegan feast is complete without a pudding. That’s why we poached a pear in our very own Ashton Press Cider alongside a pinch of saffron and served it with blackberry sorbet and pistachio praline.
The following pubs will be operating the Allotment menu through January :
- The Bowl
- The Cottage
- The Hatchet
- Lamb Hotel
- Lime Kiln
- The Ostrich
- The Pelican Inn
- Pig and Fiddle
- Quarryman’s Arms
- Royal Oak
- The Smoking Dog
- Swan Inn