At Butcombe, we are not just an award-winning regional brewery that makes some of the best beer in the world, we’re a rapidly expanding group of pubs and inns with everything from bustling high-street pubs, cosy country inns and beautiful boutique hotels, across the south and west of England.
We pride ourselves in our award-winning beers, delicious fresh home-cooked food and service that feels like you’re spending time with friends at the kitchen table, with a great meal and a bottle of wine.
Come Work & Play With Us
We take hospitality very seriously but that doesn’t mean we’re serious while we do it. The work is hard but that doesn’t stop us having fun while we’re doing it! If you’re looking for the solution rather than worrying about the problem, and you’re more interested in how you can make someone’s day and creating memories, then you’re the kind of person we’re looking for.
Here’s to brewing without pretence, airs or graces. Here’s to a good honest pint, made with talent and pride. Here’s to our best work in your glass.
From your first sip to the last drop, you’ll always be happy you chose to spend time with Butcombe.
Butcombe Brewery requires Packaging Operators to work across both their Cask Racking plant in Wrington and also their new beer processing, bottling and kegging facility in Bridgwater. Successful candidates will have access to transport and be comfortable working across both sites as the production plans demand.
· Health & safety comes first at Butcombe. Operators will be required to work in a way that is safe for you and your team.
· To run the keg filling line, bottle filling line or cask racking line as determined by Production plans, seasonality and annual leave cover
· To drive a FLT and load empties on the lines and take full containers off the line and into store
· To ensure all packaging areas are kept scrupulously clean and tidy. A clean as you go approach is needed.
· To complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manor
· Beer quality checks will be required and training will be provided
· Tank CIPs (Cleaning in place) you will be given training on how to use cleaning chemicals safely and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on cleaning tanks and making ready for beer receival
· Beer off-loading from Tanker
· Packaging line CIPs
· Filter operation and beer transfer. Follow the SOPs to operate Butcombe’s new cross flow filter to produce bright beer in spec and ready for the packaging line
· Training and development plans will be put in place